Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In Lieu of a Real Post

It's been so long since I actually wrote. I'm aware of this, but I haven't been able to muster up the energy to post. I still don't have the energy right now to make a decent post, so instead of writing about my life, I'm going to offer this gem from my English textbook, "New Bridge To Success II":

Question: Which original black ghetto music was sung by Americans?

My answer: Jazz

Correct answer: Hip-Hop

I also have this lovely pseudo-English rendering in my residence permit:

If you reject to obey these rules, you may meet with sanctions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is funny on so many levels. I am wondering if today's hip hop artists consider "the black ghetto" to be the inspiration or foundation of their music. Other than perhaps Broadway show tunes, almost any genre of American music could be an equally or more appropriate answer to the question.